Sky Useful Pages: Watch TV
Being a Sky TV subscriber means getting access to the best TV from across the world. Whether it’s fantastic home-grown entertainment through Sky 1 or the best top tier American drama on Sky Atlantic, there’s plenty to love about your Sky subscription.
Indeed, over the years, the company have gotten better at surfacing the best programming they have to offer. Whether you’re a Sky+ user or the proud owner of a Sky Q box, you’re constantly being offered new and exciting programmes that you might have missed on your travels through the guide.
With that being said, sometimes the very best of what Sky have to offer gets past us, and we miss out on special television. That’s where Sky’s Watch TV section comes into play.
What is Sky Watch TV?
Sky’s Watch TV page is a regularly updated list of the very best TV and film the company has to offer, for adults, kids and family viewing. The curated list of 10 programmes and movies has something for everybody, but do be aware that unless you’ve got Sky Cinema and Sky Box Sets, you might not be able to access everything that Sky are promoting. To upgrade, call 0844 800 3115 and speak to a member of Sky customer services
What do Sky recommend for October?
- Westworld, Sky Atlantic. Based on the novel by Michael Crichton and the 1973 film of the same world, this new series from Jonathan Nolan takes us to a futuristic theme park staged by artificial humans, where guests can live out their wildest fantasies. However, when the robots begin to run havoc, guests find themselves in a terrifying world where anything can happen.
- Hooten & The Lady, Sky 1. This action packed, adrenaline filled family drama is staged across eight parts, and follows the adventures of the charismatic and roguish American adventurer Hooten (Michael Landes) and his feisty partner in crime, Lady Alexandra (Ophelia Lovibond) as they travel the world, from the Vatican to the Himalyas, in their quest to save the worlds lost treasures.
- The Night Of, Sky Atlantic. This eight-part crime thriller stars Riz Ahmed as a man accused of a brutal murder, and follows the police investigation and legal proceedings, all whilst examining the criminal justice system in this acclaimed American drama.
- Nashville, Sky Living. Go on a toe tapping trip to America’s Deep South in this compelling, heartfelt and special country music drama, starring Friday Night Lights’ Connie Britton and Heroes’ Hayden Panettiere.
- Matilda and Me, Sky Arts. Get into the theatre spirit with this documentary following the Australian debut of the global smash hit musical Matilda. Based on the Roald Dahl children’s book and composed by Australian comedian Tim Minchin, we see the story unfold in this stunning documentary.
- Bridge of Spies, Sky Cinema. To say too much would give away the fun, but this fantastic cold war spy drama stars Tom Hanks as a lawyer drafted in to negotiate a swap of prisoners in this tense, beautifully acted film from Steven Spielberg.
- Ben 10, Cartoon Network. If you’ve got kids then you’ll be no stranger to Ben 10, but the series is about to begin its latest run, promising more hijinks, adventures and epic battles than ever before.
- Captain America: Civil War, Sky Cinema. Captain America goes head-to-head with Iron Man when the latter supports government intervention and control into the Avengers team. So, with the Avengers split into two, the greatest civil war in comic book history unfolds.
- The Blacklist, Sky Box Sets. With the third series of the acclaimed US drama recently finishing, now is the perfect time to dive into this incredible series. Emmy Award winner James Spader is the world most wanted criminal in this stunning, not to be missed, TV event.