Now in case if your iPad 2 front panel glass is broken or shattered or is not responding to your touch but its LCD screen underneath is apparently OK or in case if your iPad 2 screen is apparently leaking ink or it is displaying only lines or is entirely blank or in case if both the iPad 2 LCD as well as its glass touch screen digitizer are damaged, then in all these cases the service repair cost from any authorized service center might cost you a fortune.
Though the DIY repair of your iPad2 GSM broken LCD is possible, it is quite difficult to perform it. So you are advised to gather lot of patience, ample spare time as well as the right tools.
Reminder: In case if your iPad2 GSM device is under any warranty then you are recommended to first visit the nearest authorized service center.
Fix Broken LCD – iPad 2 GSM : Troubleshooting
- Plastic Razor Tools.
- Phillips #00 Screwdriver.
- Plastic Picks.
- iOpener or Heat gun.
- Switch off your iPad2 GSM device.
Reminder: To protect your eyes wear safety glasses.
- Now if your display glass is damaged or cracked, then overlap your iPad’s display with strips of clear packing tape to fully wrap it.
- Place the heated iOpener or use a heat gun on your iPad’s right edge for approximately 90 plus seconds before you start detaching the front panel.
- Align your heating device along with the mute button and gently wedge the plastic razor tool tip, just enough to widen the crack, right into the space between the plastic bezel and the front glass.
Reminder: Some force might be required to insert the razor tool tip. So carefully wiggle your razor tool back and forth as required.
- Now hold the plastic razor tool tip wedged in between the plastic bezel and front glass and slide the plastic pick tool right into the gap near the plastic razor tool.
- Then detach the plastic razor tool away from your iPad device and slide the plastic pick further beneath the front glass about 0.5 inches.
- Again reheat your iOpener or use your heat gun to warm up the bottom edge of the iPad.
- Then continue to slide the plastic pick alongside the iPad’s right edge to remove the adhesive in its way.
Reminder: It might require some force to release the adhesive as it is quite strong.
- Wedge another plastic pick tool just beneath the front glass’s right edge to prevent the adhesive from re-sticking.
- Again re-heat your iOpener or use the heat gun to warm the iPad’s top edge.
Reminder: The iPad2’s Wi-Fi antenna is secured with the iPad back case’s bottom right edge through screws and a cable. Be cautious while proceeding further or else some irreparable damage might result with the iPad’s Wi-Fi antenna.
- Carefully slide the plastic pick along the iPad’s bottom right corner to release the adhesive.
Reminder: Just stop sliding the plastic pick at the bottom right corner as sliding further might damage the Wi-Fi antenna.
- Now slide the plastic pick’s tip along the iPad’s bottom edge to release the Wi-Fi antenna adhesive.
- After passing the Wi-Fi antenna, again wedge the plastic pick deep enough.
- Now just slide the plastic pick towards the right to release the adhesive sticking the Wi-Fi antenna with the front glass.
- Continue to slide the plastic pick to release the adhesive along the iPad’s bottom and slide out enough to move around the home button and again wedge it, once the pick passes around the home button.
Reminder: In case if you are using the iOpener, just keep reheating it to warm up the adhesive.
- Continue to release the adhesive all along the iPad’s bottom edge.
- Now just hold down the plastic pick inserted beneath the front glass next to the home button.
- Then carefully place the heated iOpener or use the heat gun on the iPad’s left edge to begin warming up the adhesive of that very section.
- Again slide the plastic pick alongside the iPad’s top edge and slide it around the front camera bracket.
Reminder: The adhesive here in this section is comparatively thicker and to release it, a reasonable amount of force might be required. So work down slowly and carefully to make sure not to damage your iPad components.
- Continue to release the adhesive alongside the iPad’s top edge and move the plastic pick along the top left corner.
- Then slide the plastic pick along the iPad’s left edge to release the adhesive in its way.
Reminder: Halt sliding the plastic pick around 2.25 inches from the iPad’s bottom where the digitizer cable is located.
- With the plastic pick which is still held beneath the iPad’s bottom edge, just remove the adhesive on the bottom left corner.
Reminder: Be cautious and make sure not to damage the bottom of the digitizer cable which is located just 1 inch away from the iPad’s bottom.
- With one of the plastic picks, detach the iPad’s bottom right corner and hold it with your fingers.
- Then grab and hold your iPad device from the top and bottom right corners and gently flip the front glass away from your iPad.
- Unscrew and remove all the four 2.0 mm Phillips screws attaching the LCD with the back case.
- Raise the LCD with its long edge nearest to the volume buttons and flip it away from the back case.
- Lay the LCD over the front panel.
- With the plastic razor tool’s edge, try to toss the metal retaining clip up, which attaches the display data cable with its socket on the logic board.
- Then remove the display data cable away from its socket on the logic board.
- Carefully pull the LCD assembly out of your iPad 2 device.
Display data cable:
- Just peel off the black tape small strip wrapping the display data cable connector on the LCD.
- With the plastic razor tool’s edge, just toss up the metal retaining clip on the display data cable connector.
- Then remove the display data cable from its socket and carefully pull it out of the LCD.
- Now you only remain with the LCD.
- Replace your damaged LCD with the new LCD.
- To reassemble your iPad2 device, just follow the above steps in exact reverse order.
And now you have successfully replaced your iPad2’s LCD. We do sincerely hope that you all would find this iPad2 LCD replacement article extremely helpful. We sincerely hope that the article will help you out immensely. Contact Apple Customer Service, Start your support request online connect to an expert.