Now despite your best efforts to protect your Samsung Galaxy device from the inevitability, your entire Galaxy device display assembly can be damaged in numerous ways. Whether you dropped your Note 2 device which resulted in a damaged display assembly or you are experiencing difficulties on your LCD screen, all of yours personal or business tasks can be interfered because of it.
And although you might be considering replacing your entire device, this would surely prove to be an expensive option. So, it’s better to buy a new Note 2 display assembly and opt for DIY option to replace it with the damaged one.
Step By Step Tutorial
· Phillips #00 screwdriver.· Plastic Razor tools.· Tweezers.· Spudgers.
· Wedge the plastic razor tool in the divot near the power button, to the left of the rear-facing camera.· Hold and lift the rear case by the corner near the wedged divot and pull it away from the phone body.
· Remove the micro SD card, SIM card and the battery.
· Unscrew and remove all the eleven 4.0 mm Phillips #00 screws, with the Phillips #00 screwdriver, attaching the mid frame to the display assembly.
· Wedge the plastic razor tool between the midframe and front panel assembly and slide the razor tool down the seam and around the side edges of the phone.
· Release all the clips coming in its way and especially along the power button side.· Hold and lift the display assembly away from the mid frame.
To disassemble the motherboard assembly:
· Use the spudger tool to pop off the vibrator or power button assembly cable connector.· Pop off the antenna cable connector.· Pop off the display cable connector.
· Pop off the front-facing camera cable connector.· Pop off the headphone jack cable connector.· Pop off the digitizer cable connector.
· Use the spudger tool to pop off the antenna cable connector from the motherboard.· Pop off the soft button cable connector.· Pop off the USB board cable connector.
· Unscrew and remove the single 3 mm Phillips #00 screw attaching the motherboard to the display assembly with the Phillips screwdriver.
· Slowly take out the motherboard assembly.Reminder: Carefully hold the motherboard assembly by its edges, to prevent any ESD damage and to avoid any cable snag, while extracting it away from the display assembly.
· Unscrew the single 3 mm Phillips #00 screw attaching the headphone jack assembly with the display assembly and remove it by using the Phillips screwdriver.
· Hold the headphone jack portion of the assembly and pull it out of the display assembly.· Carefully pull the headphone jack straight up, to remove the earpiece speaker portion from its recess, without twisting the cable.
To disassemble the display assembly:
· Unscrew and remove the single 3mm Phillips #00 screw from the front-facing camera bracket.· Release the front-facing camera bracket.· Take out the front-facing camera assembly.· Unscrew and remove the single 3 mm Phillips #00 screw attaching the antenna board with the display assembly.· Use the spudger tool tip to insert under the antenna board to release it from the adhesive sticking it to the display assembly.· Carefully de-route and remove the antenna cable in the display assembly.· Use the spudger tool tip to insert under the vibrator to release it from the adhesive, sticking it to the display assembly.Reminder: Don’t try to remove the vibrator wholly as it still will be attached to the vibrator or power button assembly.· Unscrew and remove the single 3 mm Phillips #00 from the speaker bracket.· Take out the speaker bracket.· Use the spudger’s flat end to pop off the antenna cable connector on the USB board.· Use the spudger’s flat end to push under the USB board to release it from the display assembly.Reminder: Carefully insert the spudger to avoid any bend or damage to the USB board.· Release the USB board away from the display assembly.· Carefully de route the antenna cable from the display assembly.· Release the antenna cable.
Now the entire display assembly is free.
· Replace it with the new display assembly.
· To reassemble the device, carefully follow all the above instructions in reverse order (i.e. back from Step 14 to Step 1).
Now your Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a brand new Display Assembly.
Yur source for all questions about Samsung devices. If you’ve recently purchased a Samsung product and need assistance, please follow the links below.
For questions about your Samsung product, Contact Samsung Service Center – Call Samsung Customer Service Number