The front panel assembly repair/replacement of your iPhone6 device is relatively clear-cut as well as easy. The only condition being both the LCD as well as the front glass has to be replaced as a unit. It means the entire front panel assembly requires a replacement.
Now replacing the entire front display assembly will offer you with a brand new LCD, a new front glass panel as well as a new screen digitizer.
Reminder: If your iPhone 6 device is under warranty period then you are strictly advised to visit the nearest registered Apple service center in case of any iPhone defect.
How To Replace the Front Panel Assembly in your iPhone 6.
- Plastic razor tool.
- Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver.
- Suction Cup.
- Tweezers tool.
NOW AVAILAIBLE :(Free/Xclusive)Call Now : Apple Customer Services
Image Source: Sahanan Yogarasa
- Switch off your iPhone 6 device, before you start its disassembling process.
- Use your Pentalobe screwdriver to unscrew and remove both of the 3.6 mm Pentalobe screws located on both sides of the Lightning connector.
- Use your suction cup to gently press upon the front screen right over the home button.
- Now firmly hold your iPhone down with your one hand and use your suction cup to pull the front panel assembly to separate it a little from the rear case.
- Then use your plastic razor tool to gently open up the back case down, while you simultaneously continue to pull up the front display assembly with your suction cup.
- Detach the plastic nub to let loose the suction cup’s vacuum seal.
- Then detach the suction cup away from the front display assembly.
- Now use your iPhone 6 device’s top as a hinge to gently separate the front panel assembly’s home button end, away from the rear case.
Reminder: Be careful not to damage any of the clips along the front panel disassembly’s top edge.
- With the help of your Phillips #000 screwdriver just unscrew all the Phillips screws (a single 3.1 mm screw, single 1.7 mm screw and three 1.2 mm screws) that attaches the front panel assembly cable bracket.
- Then detach the front panel assembly cable bracket away from the logic board assembly.
- Now use the spudger tool’s flat end to detach the front-facing camera as well as the earpiece speaker cable connector.
Reminder: Make sure to detach only the cable connectors and not the sockets located on the logic board.
- Now use the spudger tool’s flat end to detach the home button cable connector.
- Again with the spudger tool’s flat end, carefully detach the digitizer cable connector.
- Then again with the spudger tool’s flat end, just detach the display data cable connector.
- Now, carefully pull the front panel assembly out of the rear case assembly.
- You are now holding the entire front panel assembly of your iPhone 6 device.
- Just replace the existing front panel assembly with a new assembly.
- To reassemble your iPhone 6 device, just follow all the above defined steps in reverse order i.e. back from Step 6 to Step 1.
Now you have successfully replaced your iPhone 6 device’s front panel assembly. We do hope that you find this repair/replacement tutorial extremely helpful.
More ways to get help
Get Apple Support and information about calling plans, billing or network issues. Save time by starting your support request online or just dial apple customer support and you’ll be connected to an expert. Find answers to all your questions about service and repair options, warranty, pricing, and other processes in your country.