And suddenly you realized that the volume control button of your iPhone 5S has stopped to work. Now you try to toggle between the Vol. up and down control button but it still yields no result.
Now you wonder, you already faced the similar problem with your iPhone 4 home button. Your iPhone 5S now is down with the volume button issue.
We recommend that if your iPhone5S device is under warranty then do visit the authorized service center. And if the warranty period is over then surely you can opt for the DIY repair.
NOW AVAILAIBLE :(Free/Xclusive)Call Now :
Apple Support Number
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver.
- Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Plastic razor tool.
- Suction Cup.
- Spudger tool.
- Tweezers tool.
- Before beginning the disassembling process, just switch off your iPhone 5S device.
- Then unscrew and remove both of the 3.9 mm Pentalobe screws, with your Pentalobe screwdriver, located near the Lightning connector.
- Now place the suction cup over the device screen and gently press it just above the home button.
- Then carefully pull the suction cup to slightly detach the home button’s end, away from the rear case assembly.
- Use your plastic razor tool to gently detach the rear case edges away from the front panel.
- Now gently pull the plastic nub to detach the vacuum seal from the suction cup.
- The metal bracket covering the home button cable would be revealed.
Reminder: Don’t detach the rear case away from the front panel assembly. Just separate it enough from the home button end till the metal bracket covering the home button cable is visible. The Touch ID functionality is available only with your iPhone’s original home button assembly. If the cable is damaged, then the new home button will not be having any Touch ID features.
- With the spudger tool’s tip, just pop off the bracket free with the help of tweezers tool.
- Again with the spudger tool’s tip, just disconnect the home button cable connector away from its socket.
Reminder: Just ensure only the cable connector is separated from its socket and not the entire socket.
- After releasing the connector, just detach the home button end of the front assembly away from the rear case, using your phone’s top body as a hinge.
- Unscrew and remove all the Phillips screws (two 1.7 mm, single 1.2 mm and single 1.3 mm) attaching the front panel assembly cable bracket with the logic board.
- Now detach the front panel assembly cable bracket away from the logic board.
- With your spudger tool’s flat end, just pop off both the front-facing camera cable as well as the sensor cable.
- Firmly hold the front panel assembly and pop off the digitizer cable connector.
- Then pop off the LCD cable connector.
- Now separate the front panel assembly away from the rear case assembly.
iPhone 5S battery connector removal:
- Now unscrew and remove both of the 1.6 mm Phillips screws, with your Phillips #000 screwdriver, attaching the metal battery connector bracket with the logic board.
- Remove the metal battery connector bracket away from your device.
- Then with the spudger tool’s flat end, carefully disconnect the battery connector from its socket located on the logic board.
iPhone 5S Battery removal:
- Now unscrew and remove both of the 1.6 mm Phillips screws, with your Phillips screwdriver, attaching the metal battery connector bracket with the logic board.
- Then detach the metal battery connector bracket away from your device.
- With the spudger tool’s flat end, carefully pop off the battery connector from its socket located on the logic board.
Reminder: Be very cautious to disconnect just the battery connector only and not the entire socket located on the logic board as it might result in breakage of the connector.
- Carefully wedge the spudger tool tip between the headphone jack and the battery to release the battery adhesive tab.
- With the tweezers tool, try to pull the battery adhesive tab away from your device.
- Now with the help of scissors just cut the black battery adhesive tab right between the two white adhesive strips, to separate them.
- Grab and carefully pull the innermost adhesive tab straight up and keep pulling it out evenly around the battery till the strip becomes free from your device.
- Likewise, again carefully pull the outermost battery adhesive tab straight up and keep pulling it around the battery corner till it is freed from your device.
- Remove the iPhone 5S battery out of the rear case.
Volume Control button removal:
- Now unscrew and remove all the Phillips screws (single 1.9 mm and two 1.6 mm screws) attaching the volume button and ringer switch brackets with the rear case side.
- With the spudger tool tip, just detach the ringer switch bracket away from the rear case side.
- Then just pull the ringer switch out of its recess, wedged between the ringer switch bracket and the rear case.
- Again with the spudger tool tip, just disconnect the volume button bracket away from the rear case side.
- Now finally remove the volume buttons.
- Replace the existing volume button with the new one.
- Now to reassemble your iPhone 5S device, follow all the above mentioned steps in reverse order (i.e. right from Step 7 back to Step 1).
Now your iPhone 5S device is equipped with a new volume button for you to control your iPhone device sound, as per your wish.
More ways to get help
Get Apple Support and information about calling plans, billing or network issues. Save time by starting your support request online or just dial apple customer service number given here and you’ll be connected to an expert. Find answers to all your questions about service and repair options, warranty, pricing, and other processes in your country.