So you accidently dropped your precious iPhone 4S mobile and though there was not any apparent damage, you later found that your rear camera is not functioning at all.
And after a brief interaction with the repair person, you are being informed that the entire rear camera assembly of your iPhone 4S device is damaged and needs a replacement.
No need to panic, as the DIY process for your iPhone 4S rear camera replacement is not that tedious.
Reminder: If your iPhone 4S is under warranty then don’t opt for the DIY. Opt for it only in the case if your device is not under any warranty and you have all the correct devices as well as ample spare time.
Related Article: iPhone 4 Front Facing Camera Replacement: How-to Guide
NOW AVAILAIBLE :(Free/Xclusive)Call Now :Apple Customer Services
How to repair/replace your iPhone 4’s Rear camera:
- P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Phillips #000 screwdriver.
- Plastic razor Tool.
- Just turn off your iPhone 4S device.
- Unscrew and remove the two 3.6 mm Pentalobe screws located near the dock connector, with P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Now slide the rear panel with your thumbs toward your device’s top edge.
- Carefully remove the rear panel away from your iPhone’s back and don’t damage any of the plastic clips attached with the rear panel.
- Gently pull the rear panel away from your iPhone.
iPhone 4S battery removal:
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to unscrew and remove both the 1.7 mm Phillips screw as well as the 1.5 mm Phillips screw, attaching the battery connector with the logic board.
- With the plastic razor tool, gently disconnect the battery connector from your device.
- Again with the plastic razor tool, carefully lift the pressure contact from beneath the battery connector.
Reminder: Be very cautious and do avoid removing the pressure contact point from the logic board as there are as many as 4 very small soldering points awaiting such mistake.
Related Article: iPhone 4 Screen Display Assembly Replacement Guide
- Use the plastic razor tool’s flat edge to wedge in between the battery and the outer case near the bottom left corner of your device.
- Now continue to slide the plastic razor tool along with the right edge of your iPhone 4S battery to separate it from the adhesive sticking it with the outer case.
- Now grab and gently pull the clear plastic pull tab to remove the battery from the adhesive sticking it to your device.
- Just gently pull out the iPhone 4S battery.
Disassembling Rear camera assembly:
- Now carefully remove the outer plastic ring (located on top of the rear camera’s flash assembly) with the plastic razor tool or spudger or tweezers tool.
- With the help of the Phillips screwdriver just unscrew and remove all the single screws including 2.7 mm Phillips, 2.6 mm Phillips, 1.3 mm Phillips and the 1.2 mm Phillips screw, which attaches the cable cover with the logic board.
- With the plastic razor tool’s flat edge, just disconnect the cable cover tabs from their slots which cut right into the logic board’s EMI shield.
- Carefully pick the cable cover by its edge from near the top and just pull it out of your device.
- Now with the help of the plastic razor tool’s flat edge, just pop off the rear camera connector from its socket on the logic board.
- Then remove the rear camera from your iPhone device.
- Replace the old rear facing camera with the new one.
- Now to reassemble your iPhone 4S device, just follow the above mentioned steps in reverse order (i.e. back from Step 5 to Step 1).
We do hope that the article will sincerely help you out in replacing the rear camera of your iPhone 4S device. Now your device possesses a brand new rear camera and you can continue to click your favorite pictures as well as shoot your own music video.