Common User Queries:
– The person I call cannot hear me unless I use speaker.
– Does the dock connector of an iPhone 4 work on the 4s?
– Charging is not supported with this accesseries.
– Why does my home button not work ?
Now if your iPhone 4S device doesn’t recognize the charger which you just plugged in, then most probably its dock connector might be damaged or defective. It usually occurs when you use any third party or poor quality chargers.
And if your warranty period is out then opting for an upgrade or buying a new iPhone can be real costly. Now to replace the dock connector, a iPhone 4 Dock Connector DIY repair/replacement procedure would cost you far less.
If your phone is no longer recognized via USB cable, it may be time to replace the dock connector. Just follow the below mentioned steps to perform the repair by yourself.
Reminder: Always bear in mind that in case if you’re under warranty then opening up your device to perform any sort of repair or replacement will definitely void your Apple warranty. So, if you don’t feel comfortable opening the device, just don’t do it. And exercise extreme care and caution while performing any DIY repair.
NOW AVAILAIBLE :(Free/Xclusive)Call Now : Contact Apple
- 5-point Pentalobe security screwdriver.
- Standard Phillips #000 screwdriver.
- Spudger tool.
- Plastic Razor blade.
How To Replace a broken dock connector in an iPhone 4S?
- First of all, power off your iPhone 4S device before opening it up.
- With the Pentalobe security screwdriver, just unscrew and remove both of the 2 screws on the sides of the dock connector port.
- Carefully slide up the rear plate with both of your thumbs upwards towards the top edge.
- Then remove the rear plate and keep it aside.
iPhone 4S battery:
- With your Phillips #000 screwdriver, now unscrew and remove the two screws (1.7mm and 1.5 mm Phillips screws) clutching the iPhone 4S battery in place.
- With your spudger tool just remove the tiny grounding clip located beneath the battery clip near the above mentioned screws, before prying the clip up.
- Now with your plastic razor tool, carefully separate the battery connector away from your device.
- Again with your plastic razor tool, cautiously pull up the pressure contact from beneath the battery connector.
- Wedge the plastic razor tool’s flat end in between the battery and the outer case just near the left corner of your device’s bottom end.
- Slide your plastic razor tool along the right side edge of the iPhone 4S battery and twist the tool at several points in between to completely split it from the adhesive sticking it to the outer case.
- Carefully peel off the clear plastic pull tab to extract the battery from the adhesive sticking it to your device.
- Now gently remove your iPhone 4S battery.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to unscrew and remove both the Philips screws (the single 1.5 mm and 1.2 mm screws) attaching the dock connector cable cover with the logic board.
- Now dislodge the cable cover of the metal dock connector.
- Now with the help of your plastic razor tool’s flat edge, just lift off the dock cable from its socket on the logic board.
- Just carefully peel off the dock connector cable from the adhesive sticking it both with the logic board as well as the speaker enclosure’s side.
- Again with the help of your plastic razor tool’s flat edge, just lift the cellular antenna cable from its socket on the logic board.
- Then carefully remove the cellular antenna cable from the metal fingers attached with the logic board.
- Again with your Phillips screwdriver, just unscrew and remove both of the 2.4 mm Phillips screws attaching the speaker enclosure assembly with the outer case.
- Take out the tiny black spacer under the Phillips screw near the vibrator.
- Now with the plastic razor tool, just pick the speaker enclosure assembly out of the case.
Reminder: Make sure that the EMI fingers on the Wi-Fi antenna are not damaged.
- Then just remove your speaker enclosure assembly.
- Again with the plastic razor tool, just lift the flap over the home button ribbon cable ZIF socket.
- Now with the tweezers tool, just remove the home button ribbon cable from its socket.
- Cautiously remove the rubber microphone holder from its tube located at the device’s bottom edge.
- Again with your Phillips Screwdriver just unscrew and remove both of the 1.3 mm Phillips screws attaching the dock connector assembly with your device.
- Just gently take out the tiny rubber spacer located near the dock connector.
- With the help of your plastic razor tool’s edge, just peel off both the dock connector as well as its cable from the plastic case of your device.
- Gently pull the dock connector assembly away from its opening at your device’s bottom.
- Carefully remove your dock connector assembly.
- Replace the old dock connector assembly with the new one.
- Now to reassemble your iPhone 4S device, just follow the above mentioned steps in reverse order (i.e. back from Step 10 to Step 1).
Now your iPhone 4S device is ready with a brand new dock connector assembly. We sincerely hope that the article will help you out in performing the DIY repair procedure with ease and in turn will save your heavy repair expenses.
For more detailed assistance that may cover a number of topics or a serious software problem,call the apple customer service number listed here from a BT landline and you will be directed straight through to Apple helpline UK
Related : iPhone Troubleshooting – How-to’s & DIY Repair Procedures