So you recently started having trouble with the speaker on your GSM/AT&T iPhone 4 mobile and you wish to opt for the DIY repair.
Now repairing/replacing your iPhone 4’s bottom speaker assembly is quite a straight forward procedure. Only pre requisites are the right tools, good instruction guide, ample time and quality parts.
Just follow the below mentioned step by step guide to Repair/Replace iPhone 4 Speaker enclosure:
NOW AVAILAIBLE :(Free/Xclusive)Call Now : Apple Customer Support
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver.
- Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Plastic razor Tools.
- SIM Card Extract Tool.
iPhone 4 Speaker Enclosure Replacement – DIY Repair Guide
Step 1: Rear panel removal:
- Make sure that your iPhone4 device is properly switched off before you start the disassembling procedure.
- Now unscrew and remove both of the two 3.6 mm screws (either Phillips #000 or Pentalobe) located just near the dock connector.
Reminder: Now the Pentalobe Screwdriver must be used only once, as it can potentially strip both the screws.
- Use your thumbs to firmly press and push the rear panel towards the device’s top edge.
- Firmly grab the rear panel with your fingers and pull it away from your device. (You can also use a Suction Cup to accomplish this task).
Reminder: Be cautious and make sure that the plastic clips which are attached to the rear panel, are not damaged.
Step 2: To remove iPhone4 battery:
- Now unscrew and remove the single 2.5 mm Phillips screw, with your Phillips screwdriver, attaching the battery connector with the logic board.
- Then carefully pry open the battery connector from its socket on the logic board, using a plastic razor tool.
- Just pull out the metal clip wrapping the antenna connector.
- Now gently grab the clear plastic pull tab to carefully remove the battery out of the iPhone.
- Then pick out the contact clip from your device.
Step 3: Speaker Enclosure assembly:
- Just unscrew and remove both of the Phillips screws (a single 1.2 mm and 1.6 mm Phillips screws) with the help of your Phillips screwdriver.
- Then gently take out the thin steel dock connector cable cover from your device.
- Now cautiously pop off the dock cable connector from the logic board at both the short ends of the connector, with your plastic razor tool.
- Then gently peel off the dock ribbon cable from both the lower speaker enclosure as well as the logic board.
Reminder: Avoid using excessive force to peel off the dock ribbon cable from the logic board as it might damage the cable.
- Gently disconnect the lower antenna connector from its socket on the logic board, with your plastic razor tool.
- Just unscrew and remove both the Phillips screws (single 1.9 mm and 2.4mm screw) attaching the speaker enclosure assembly with the outer case.
- With the help of plastic razor tool just remove the speaker enclosure assembly out of the case and make sure that the EMI fingers on the attached Wi-Fi antenna is not damaged.
- Now carefully take out the speaker enclosure assembly.
- Unscrew and remove both of the two Phillips screws attaching the antenna with the speaker enclosure, with your Phillips screwdriver.
- With the plastic razor tool’s edge, gently start to peel off the antenna from the speaker enclosure, near the cellular antenna cable.
Reminder: Just ensure to carefully wedge the plastic razor tool underneath the plastic on which the antenna is mounted and not the metal plate.
- Just keep on peeling off the cellular antenna from the speaker enclosure and be cautious not to damage the gold bracket attached with one of the edges.
- Now gently remove the cellular antenna assembly.
- Now you are left only with the Speaker enclosure assembly.
- Replace the existing Speaker enclosure assembly with the new one.
- Now to reassemble your iPhone4 device, just follow the above mentioned step by step instructions in reverse order (i.e. back from Step 6 to Step 1).
Now your iPhone4 device is equipped with a brand new Speaker enclosure assembly and we sincerely hope that this DIY repair guide will immensely help you out in repairing/replacing your speaker enclosure assembly with ease.
More ways to get help
Get Apple Support and information about calling plans, billing or network issues. Save time by starting your support request online or just dial iphone customer support number and you’ll be connected to an expert. Find answers to all your questions about service and repair options, warranty, pricing, and other processes in your country.