One problem which has rapidly escalated after each of the iOS update is the battery drain issue. Most of the iPhone and iPad users have time and again complained about the downbeat effect that each iOS updates cast on their respective battery lifespan.
Now if your iPad battery is worn out completely and you feel that it high time to replace it than you can opt for the DIY repair/replacement procedure which is quite easy to perform and even cost effective.
Reminder: Be prepared with ample spare time, patience and with the correct repair tools.
Carefully follow the step by step guide mentioned below to repair/replace your iPad battery:
Step By Step Tutorial To Replace iPad Battery
- Spudger tools.
- Plastic Razor tool.
- T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- Switch off your iPad device first.
- Wedge your spudger tool just in between the display assembly’s top edge and the back panel assembly.
- Then twist the spudger tool to release the tabs along the display assembly’s top edge.
- Wedge another spudger tool just in between the display assembly’s top edge and the back panel assembly to avoid the snapping of the tabs back into their places.
- Use one of your spudger tools to slide along your iPad’s right edge.
Reminder: The front panel assembly is attached by the metal clips with the aluminum back on the bottom, top as well as on left sides. And the right side is attached with the plastic tabs.
- After releasing all the clips, just raise the front panel’s left side up and move it towards the left side to detach the tabs away from the rear aluminum plate.
- Gently raise the front display assembly via its bottom edge away from the back panel assembly.
Reminder: Don’t remove the display assembly yet as it is still secured with the rear panel assembly.
NOTE: Easy & Fastest Way to Contact Apple Customer Service UK
- Now detach all the three cables (ambient light sensor cable, digitizer cable and display data cable) securing the display assembly with the logic board.
- Use your plastic razor tool’s edge to toss the retaining flaps up which holds the digitizer ribbon cables with their respective sockets on the logic board.
Reminder: Make sure you are only tossing the retaining flaps up and not the entire socket.
- Detach all the digitizer ribbon cables from their respective sockets.
- Use your plastic razor tool to gently disconnect the ambient light sensor connector off its socket.
- Detach the display data cable off the main board by tossing up the metal retainer via its black plastic pull tab.
- Remove the cable connector from its socket.
- Then detach the front display assembly away from the rear panel assembly.
- Use your plastic razor tool’s edge to detach the side button connector off the logic board from the wires underneath.
- Detach the speaker connector from its socket on the logic board by your razor tool’s edge from the speaker wires underneath.
- Cautiously toss up the ZIF ribbon cable retaining flap located on the socket just next to the headphone jack.
- Gently drag the headphone jack ribbon cable towards the iPad’s left side to detach it away from its socket.
- Unscrew and remove all of the Torx screws (two 4.56 mm screws, two 3.76 mm screws) attaching the logic board with the rear panel assembly.
- Use your plastic razor tool to gently detach the dock cable connector away from the logic board.
- Remove the logic board away from the rear panel assembly.
iPad Battery removal:
- Unscrew and remove both of the 2.84 mm T5 Torx screws attaching the speaker assembly with the rear panel assembly.
- Unscrew and remove one T5 Torx screw attaching the middle of the dock cable with the rear panel assembly.
- Unscrew and remove both of the 2.84 mm T5 Torx screws attaching the dock connector cable with the rear case.
- Use your plastic razor tool’s edge to gently remove the plastic cover protecting the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth board as well as the dock connector cable.
- Cautiously detach the Wi-Fi as well as the Bluetooth antennas away from their sockets located on the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth board.
- Gently detach the dock connector cable from the rear panel assembly.
- Pop the speaker cable off the left side of the battery case.
- Again pop off the Wi-Fi antenna via its channel from the speaker assembly.
- Grab and pick the speaker assembly and move it forward till the bottom side ports are cleared from the lower case.
- Gently detach the speaker assembly away from the rear panel assembly.
- Use your spudger tool’s flat end to carefully open up the battery from the lower case.
- With the spudger tool carefully resume widening the gap by twisting and sliding it along the battery’s right side, until the right side is released from the back panel.
- Wedge your spudger tool’s flat end underneath the battery’s top edge and keep on separating the adhesive.
- After gaining enough clearance, carefully peel off the battery with your hands to remove any remaining adhesive sticking it with the back panel.
- Detach the battery away from the rear panel.
- Replace the existing battery with the new one.
- To reassemble your iPad device, follow the above stated steps in reverse order.
Now you have successfully replaced the battery of your iPad device. We sincerely hope that you find this battery replacement article extremely helpful. For immediate assistance, Contact Apple customer services department could, all you have to do is call the apple customer support phone number listed here from a BT landline and you will be directed straight through to Apple helpline UK.